February 2016 Issue READ IT NOW!
The Bach Brass Story: 50 years after production moved to Elkhart, Bach horns are still coveted. Here’s why.
Two Famous Dreadnoughts: One was sold for scrap, the other is still widely used.
Eminence Speakers Turns 50: Longevity traces to market-focused innovation.
Why Billy Gibbons Plays Magnatone Amps: Iconic guitarist endorses re-creation of fabled vintage amp.
Harman Pro Reorganizes: Sweeping technological changes prompt new corporate structure.
Synth Pioneer Oberheim Reflects: Thoughts on the renewed interest in analog technology.
Congress Passes Pro-Music Ed. Bill
Guitar Center Cash Flow Surges
The Product That Started A Revolution: How Korg’s Doncamatic led to an unmatched five-decade record of innovation.
How “The Music Experience” Turns Fans Into Players
Cloud Microphones: Defying conventional wisdom with a made-in-the-USA strategy.
Spector Bass Adds New Product Lines
Marking A 50-Year Milestone: John Cavanaugh of Super-Sensitive Strings reflects.
Thomann Invests: Top online retailer expands campus and mobile capability
String Swing Integrates Vertically: Investments in metal working technology to improve value and expand product offering.
Forte Piano Marks 20th Anniversary: How a classically trained Russian musician found opportunity in the U.S.
Hermes’ Customer-Centric Approach
British Band Instrument Taps New Markets
• KMC Music Adds Product Lines
• Over-The-Top Bösendorfer “Bohemian”
• Vandoren Launches Reed Line In New York
• Musiquip Rebranded As SFM MI
• Music Industry Helps Save Ex-Im Bank
• Pro-Mark Expands Saw Mill
• Mondo Musica Set For 2016
• Guild Resumes U.S. Production
• Blackwood Creates New Wood Substitute
• QSC Named Top Workplace
• Roland Supplies Pianos For Lang Lang
• Casio Supports New Orleans Jazz
• Hal Leonard Distributes Loog Guitars
• Schecter To Distribute Wylde Guitars
• New Home For Chicago Music
• Schmitt Music’s Reinhardt Retires
• Mom’s Opens “Interactive” Showroom
• L.A. Percussion Celebrates 10th Year
• Drum Center Donates To Music Camp
• Family Music Depot Opens
• Arthur’s Music & The Famous Flying V
• Groman’s Music To Close
• Cream City Music In Houston Chronicle
• Cascio Music Hosts “DrummerFest”
• Smith Promoted At Ward-Brodt
• Sweetwater Acquires Mynett Music