July 2016 Issue
Presidential Politics And The Industry: The candidates don’t agree on much, other than global trade: they’re all against it. What does it mean for the music industry?
Reviving The Storied Guild Guitar: New owners work to recapture Guild’s illustrious legacy with a re-vamped factory, an expanded product line, and a drive to build guitars “you don’t want to put down.”
“Unleash & Accelerate”: Roland CEO Jun-Ichi Miki outlines a bold strategy for restoring company growth and expanding the industry.
Fender’s New Paramount Series: Sweating the details to create a high value acoustic guitar line worthy of the Fender trademark.
The Twelfth Fret: How a Toronto boutique evolved into the destination for discerning guitar buyers in eastern Canada.
Accelerating M.I. Sales Velocity: By enabling musicians to turn used gear into ready cash, Reverb.com is aiming to spur sales of new products and generate industry growth.
Quinn The Eskimo: A retailer that few have ever heard of is growing fast and redefining the way instruments are sold.
Why Every Retailer Should Stock Print! Profit center, traffic builder, and community service all in one—why print fits in any retail format.
Meet Music & Arts Pres. Steve Zapf
Import Tracker: The Reslience Of School Music
ATV Makes U.S. Debut With Unique Drum Module
Steinway Outlines Growth Plans
• NAMM Honors Senator Lamar Alexander
• Zoom Expands North America Distribution
• Cloud Mic Honored For Export Success
• Manhasset Supports Cascade Symphony
• St. Louis Music Upgrades IT Infrastructure
• Music Link Distributes Klotz Cables
• Utah Symphony Endorses D’Addario
• Yamaha Publication For Music Educators
• SIT Strings Expands Plant
• ISP Provides Audio For New Baseball Stadium
• BAI Distributors Debuts At NAMM
• TMP Pro Adds Five Lines
• Radial Engineering At French “Circus”
• New ABS Horns Available From Players
• Black Diamond String Trade-In Program
• New Loog Guitar Method App
• Teye Guitars Marks 10th Year
• Guitar Center Sales Off 2%
• Sweetwater Hosts Worship Workshop
• Jank Guitar In Music Video
• Music Cache Opens In Logan, Utah
• Gorge Music Opens In Oregon
• New Store In Burlington, Wisconsin