Historic Manny’s Store Set For Demolition
...has been closed since 2009, but the five-story building was left untouched and even retained the large vertical Manny’s sign and signature clock.
Opened in 1935 by Manny Goldrich to serve nearby theater musicians, Manny’s Music introduced the “40 off discount.” Low prices and a large inventory made the store a destination, and transformed 48th Street into “Music Row.” The business folded in 1999 and was acquired by Sam Ash Music.
Manny’s was rebranded as a Sam Ash store in 2009, and closed completely in 2013 when Sam Ash left 48 Street for a new location on 34th Street.
Subscribe to The Music Trades today!